"Pannonian Fish Soup" is one of our signature dishes at Wintergarten restaurant. Our Executive Chef Stefanos Melianos created this recipe for you to enjoy wherever and whenever you want. Try out our simple but tasty recipe in 4 steps. We wish you great success!
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 600g fillets of freshwater fish (pike-perch, trout or char)
- 500ml fish stock
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100g breakfast bacon (diced)
- 50g farmer's ham (diced)
- 250g bell peppers (diced)
- 1 large red onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- Small bunch of dill
- Salt and pepper
- Fry onions, bell peppers, garlic, ham and bacon in olive oil until golden brown.
- Stir in paprika powder and tomato paste, add fish stock and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Fry the fish fillets in olive oil in a pan, add the fish soup and cook for another 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a soup bowl and add a tablespoon of sour cream and dill as garnish.
Our recommendation: Toasted bread slices go very well with the soup.