Located in the heart of outstandingly beautiful surroundings, Berchtesgaden is perfectly placed for conferences, team-building getaways, industry events, and simple relaxation. With a range of activities that take full advantage of the natural and man-made facilities on offer, Kempinski Hotel Berchtesgaden welcomes you to the Bavarian Alps in style.
Some of the region’s highlights include:
- Boat trips on the amazingly clear and serene Lake Königssee, where visitors can admire the surrounding mountain scenery and enjoy the gentle waves, before taking a visit to the pilgrimage church of St. Bartholomä. Built in 1697 on the site of a chapel constructed in 1134, the red onion domes and roofs are a real sight, and it can only be explored by hikers or travellers by boat.
- A trip on the cable car up to the summit of Predigtstuhl (2,116 metres high), Jenner (1,874 metres high) or Untersberg massif (1,973 metres high). All three are serviced by cable car (Predigtstuhl Cable Car is the oldest large cabin cable car in the world still in its original condition), and feature well-signed trails you can climb to see the peaks from some of the best viewpoints around.
- Exploring local industrial history in the Berchtesgaden salt mine. Founded in 1517, this active mine is a modern version of an industry stretching back to the 1200s, and today features a miner’s train that takes visitors through to the heart of the interesting and awe-inspiring mine.
- A visit to the Dokumentation Obersalzberg in Salzburg, learning about the history of national socialism, and Kehlsteinhaus - Adolf Hitler’s notorious ‘Eagle’s Nest’ residence.
- An invigorating hike through Berchtesgaden National Park, one of the oldest protected zones in the Alps, and a haven for all sorts of flora and fauna, thanks to its careful management and absence of human development. The park is home to many peaks, routes, attractions and activities – the perfect place to start exploring is at the region’s National Park Centre.
- A visit to the royal palaces of Berchtesgaden. Located in the town, visitors can enjoy the various castles and palaces built over the centuries, admiring the Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque architecture and art, and the relics of the Bavarian royal family that once called the town their seat.
- Awaken your inner child at the Hans-Peter Porsche TraumWerk. Created by the grandson of the famous luxury automobile manufacturer, the attraction is home to a classic toy museum and a huge model railway that, with its day and night cycles, weather projections and expanses of miniature scenery, is more like a model world!
- A stroll through Mozart’s city of Salzburg, an amazing Baroque wonderland of restaurants, galleries, museums and a wide range of cultural events, surrounded by the natural beauty of the Austrian Alps.
To find out more about the events we are able to host at Kempinski Hotel Berchtesgaden, click here to explore the site, send an email to email@example.com or call us on +49 8652 9755 5244. Whatever kind of event you are planning, from a fun incentive or product launch, to a business conference or wedding, our staff will try their hardest to assist.