Traveller's Checklist

Traveller's Checklist

Language: Spanish

Visa: Regular tourists who plan to spend up to two months in Cuba do not need visas. Instead, you get a tarjeta de turista (tourist card) valid for 30 days, which can be extended once you're in Cuba (Canadians get 90 days plus the option of a 90-day extension). Package tourists receive their card with their other travel documents. Those going 'air only' usually buy the tourist card from the travel agency or airline office that sells them the plane ticket, but policies vary (eg Canadian airlines give out tourist cards on their airplanes), so you'll need to check ahead with the airline office via phone or email. In some cases, you may be required to buy and/or pick up the card at your departure airport. Some independent travelers have been denied access to Cuba flights because they inadvertently hadn't obtained a tourist card.

Electricity: The electrical current in Cuba is 220 V in many tourist hotels and resorts. Bring an American type flat adapter.

VPN: Before departing on your visit to Cuba we would advise that you download a VPN Virtual Private Network as an added method for security and privacy when accessing public networks, such as WiFi Hotspots and the Internet.

Processing your request...
Thank You For Your Patience


Please note that this website is optimised for Internet Explorer 10 and higher, as well as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. To ensure that you are able to use our website to its full extent, we kindly ask you to upgrade your browser version, or select a different one. Thank you.