When it comes to a family holiday, you’ll find that a safari in a tented camp is hard to beat. Every day is adventure-packed, every child loves to sleep in a tent – and there’s so much to do… so much to SEE, and so much opportunity for shared experience: such as:
- Two game drives every day – your choice of morning, late afternoon, evening or night. All our game vehicles carry their own hampers of chilled drinks and snacks. They also provide binoculars and guide books
- Evening sundowners around the campfire for all the family
- Afternoons spent by our private swimming pool
- Guided nature walks in the privacy of the Conservancy
- Visits to our lion prides
- Bird-spotting walks or bush-tracking training walks
- Visits to a Maasai village – and the chance to meet with the local school children
- A visit to the Maa trust – the chance for your young ones to watch our friendly Maasai lady bead-workers at work and to choose their own belts, rucksacks, tablet cases and more.
- Balloon safaris
- Picnic lunches in the wilderness
- Breakfast in the bush
- Horse-riding (for older children/teenagers with proven riding proficiency)
Additionally our trained guides will be delighted to share their extensive knowledge with their young guests.
We have two dedicated family tents which feature separate tents for parents and children – joined by a common viewing deck. We can also supply additional beds to accommodate a family of up to eight. Our dining room offers high chairs and our cloakrooms provide baby-changing facilities; we can also provide baby-sitting services.
Meals and drinks
We have a wide range of soft drinks, all of which are included in your package and our breakfast, lunch and supper menus always include a wide variety of choice. Additionally, should you wish to advise us as to your specific dietary requirements we will be delighted to tailor the menu to your specification. Finally, should you wish your children to eat at a slightly earlier time – this can be easily accommodated.