Sitting on a boulder, in the center of the city, on the city famous river - Nanming River, Jiaxu Pavillion was first established in the Ming dynasty in 1598, and is the landmark of Guiyang City; hundreds of years of history endow this beautiful building with fabulous charm.
Jiaxiu means "the finest and most talented under heaven." Jiaxiu Pavilion was given this name because it was believed that people in Guiyang were the finest and most talented under heaven. Jiaxiu Pavillion is a 20-meter-high, three-floor structure with a three-eave hipped roof, and has its outer joinery propped up by 12 stone pillars. The tower is surrounded by a marble balustrade. It is linked with Fuyu Bridge which provides access to both the south and north banks of the river. Jiaxiu Pavilion enjoys a rich collection of stone engravings, calligraphy works, paintings and woodworks by ancient artists.