Being a member of the Kempinski hotel group, we are conscious of our environment and strive for a sustainable guest experience.
We commit to creating positive environmental impacts on our guest journey.
- Electric vehicle charging station available for guest use
- Vegan and vegetarian menu items available
- Linens and towels replaced every second night, unless otherwise requested
- Recycling program
- Food waste reduction program
- Cage-free eggs available
- Local, sustainable and seasonal menu items available
- Water-efficient appliances in guest rooms and public areas
- Sustainability and environmental awareness trainings for all colleagues
- A zero-tolerance approach to human right abuses
- Supporting local sustainable practices and initiatives
- Code of conduct, business ethics and whistleblowing policies, providing colleagues with a channel to raise concerns related to breaches.
- Participating in community activities, in collaboration with BE Health, our successful homegrown philanthropic initiative
- Supporting the local charity foundation Bērnu Rīts, improving the quality of life of orphans and children with serious health issues.
- We are honored to receive the EarthCheck Silver Certificate, awarded for complying with requirements of sustainable hotel management as per the EarthCheck Certified Programme.
Kempinski published the first Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Report in 2021. It is a reflection of what makes Kempinski sustainable, what successes have been achieved and where opportunity remains to innovate.