In Via Garibaldi in the 17th century, there was a Vatican customs post that collected taxes on grain; the antique customs officer decided to initiate a sort of eatery that offered bread and wine to the many peasants who came to the tollhouse. That explains the strange name “Antica Pesa” [The Old Scales] coined in the late 19th century when the original customs function was replaced by a real restaurant.
Since those times, four generations of the same family have run the restaurant, and today the Antica Pesa is a consolidated reality in the Italian restaurant scene. The dishes have been created following two fundamental guidelines: reworking traditional recipes from Roman cuisine and working with local products that are usually organic; everything is seasonal, with a nod to modern trends. After Rome and Williamsburg, New York, Antica Pesa comes to Doha to redefine the Italian culinary scene of the city.
Also view our Dessert Menu here.
- BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN GCC - Food & Travel Magazine 2017 GCC Awards
- BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN DOHA - Food & Travel Magazine 2017 GCC Awards
- BEST CASUAL CHIC IN DOHA - Food & Travel Magazine 2017 GCC Awards
- BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN DOHA - Fact Dining Doha Awards 2017
- BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN DOHA - 2016 Qatar Food & Travel Arabia Awards
- BEST NEWCOMER RESTAURANT IN THE GCC - 2016 GCC Food & Travel Arabia Awards
- BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT - 2016 Fact Qatar Dining Awards
- HIGHLY COMMENDED ITALIAN RESTAURANT - Time Out Doha Restaurant Awards 2016
- HIGHLY COMMENDED ROMANTIC RESTAURANT - Time Out Doha Restaurant Awards 2016
Antica Pesa will be closed throughout Ramadan and will reopen on the first day of Eid.
- Opening hours:
- All day dining:
- Tue - Sun 12:30 - 00:00
- Tue - Sun 16:00 - 02:00
- Restaurant style:
- Fine dining
- Dress Code:
- Smart Casual