A variety of amenities and services await families when travelling with kids at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest:
• Children’s menu in our restaurants
• Child-sized robes and slippers, baby bathtub and toiletries ... more details in our Room Comfort Menu
• Babysitting services can be arranged by the concierge
• Children under six years may share their parent’s room at no extra charge
• Baby cots or extra beds are provided free of charge
• For more than one child, it might be necessary to reserve a higher room category depending on the number of person allowed in the relevant room type
• Children between 6 and 12 years benefit from a 50% discount on the extra bed charge
• Generous breakfast buffet for children without any charge (up to six years)
• Children between 6 and 12 years benefit from a 50% discount on the breakfast charge.
For destination information with family-orientated activities, please contact the concierge team.
Our Insiders' Tip:
Buda’s Hills and Buda’s Best Strudel
I love outdoor activities, which makes Budapest a very special city because of the hilly Buda side. One of my favourite destinations is Normafa, which is very popular with the locals and where my family and friends will go for a hiking excursion. It offers an awesome panorama of the Buda Hills and there are several paths available in the forest to walk along. There’s more! I sometimes insist on taking the Children's Railway, just for the fun of it. It is a small train which operates on the outskirts of Buda, between Hű vösvölgy and Széchenyi Hill. This 11 km (6.83 miles) long line is operated by children aged from 10 to 14 (except for the locomotives, which are driven by adult professionals). The trains call at various sites of interest to tourists. Every time my family goes to Normafa, our special treat is the strudel bar there (Normafa Rétes Büfé), which has been offering its mouth-watering fresh strudels based on authentic traditional recipes, for 34 years. Roland Holzer - Executive Chef
Budapest Zoo and Botanical Garden
I loved going to the zoo when I was a child, and so do I now that I am an adult. It’s true family fun and a full day’s outing. It is a magical place. You enter such a different world as you see animals from the different continents. We eat ice cream, feed the animals and wander around.We just enjoy the day as if we’re on a day trip. The children adore the friendliness of the cute species as well as the thrill and fear of the scary animals. The zoo’s newest feature is the Cave of Magic, with a 3D movie and exhibitions. The original zoo was built in 1866, and as such, it is the oldest one in Hungary. Curiously for a zoo, you’ll have a field day exploring the landmarks made by famous Hungarian architects. The elephant house, is decorated with Indian and African features and coloured Zsolnay porcelain – you’ll find this glazed tiles on many a building in Budapest (and actually in our hotel’s Living Room). The zoo is located next door Gundel, arguably the most famous high-end Hungarian restaurant. János Parti - Director of Sales & Marekting