These terms and conditions define the rights and obligations of the Parties within the scope of reservations made through the Kempinski (hereinafter the hotel or Kempinski or we) website. We kindly ask our Customers (hereinafter Customer or You) to read and understand our terms and conditions before finalizing their booking as by making a booking via our website, You also accept and agree to all terms and conditions.
- A reservation is deemed to have been made upon the hotel’s acceptance of your reservation request. You may receive an acknowledgment of receipt by email after your reservation.
- You are solely responsible for your choice of services and the suitability of those services for your need. We cannot be held responsible in this respect.
- The Customer does not acquire the right to be provided with specific rooms.
- The Parties to the contract are the hotel and the Customer. If a third party placed the order on behalf of the Customer, then that party shall be liable visàvis the hotel for all obligations arising from the hotel accommodation contract as joint and several debtor together with the Customer, insofar as the hotel has a corresponding statement by the third party.
- Rates published online are not valid for Group Bookings. A “Group Booking” is defined as a booking for 10 rooms/suites or more with the same or similar arrival and departure date.
- In case of any reservation that has been identified as a Group Booking via kempinski.com, the hotel reserves the right to contact the client in connection with special conditions and rates relating to Group Bookings.
- In case of any reservation that has been identified as a Group Booking via kempinski.com, the hotel reserves the right to refuse and cancel any such reservations if the client has not accepted the hotel's applicable special booking conditions and rates. Exceptions to this are Group Bookings which are reserved via an authorised and dedicated booking link
- For complaints relating to hotel reservation, please contact the relevant Kempinski branded hotel.
- Any claims against the hotel shall be timebarred according to the applicable laws and regulations.
II. Repudiation by Customer (Cancellation, Annulment)/Failure to Use Hotel Services (No Show)
- Cancellation by the Customer of the contract concluded with the hotel requires the hotel's written consent. If such is not given, then the price agreed in the contract must be paid even if the Customer does not avail himself of the contractual services. This shall not apply with the breach of obligation of the hotel to take into account the rights, objects of legal protection and interests of the Customer, if holding to the contract is no longer reasonable or another statutory or contractual cancellation right exists.
- To the extent the hotel and Customer agreed in writing upon a date for a costfree cancellation of the contract, the Customer may cancel the contract up to that date without incurring payment or damage compensation claims by the hotel. The Customer's right of cancellation shall expire if he does not exercise his cancellation right in writing visàvis the hotel by the agreed date.
- Reservations with prepayment cannot be changed and/or canceled in any way, and sums paid in advance as a deposit cannot be refunded.
- If rooms are not used by the Customer, the hotel must apply credit for the income from renting the rooms to other parties and also for saved expenses.
- At its discretion, the hotel may demand the contractually agreed compensation and to make a flatrate deduction for saved expenses. In this case, the Customer shall pay a percentage, determined by the applicable laws or the hotel’s internal regulations, of the contractually agreed rate for lodging with or without breakfast.
- Guests departing before their booked checkout date will be charged for the remaining nights of the original reservation confirmation.
III. Hotel Stay, Room Availability, Delivery and Return
- In the application of the regulations in certain countries, Customers may be asked on arrival at the hotel to fill out a police registration card. For this purpose, Customers will be asked to provide identification so that a check can be made to decide if they need to complete the registration.
- Some of our hotels have Internal Regulations for Customer and You accept to be bound by and undertake to respect these regulations.
- Our hotels offer WIFI access that allow you to connect to the internet. You undertake to ensure that computing resources made available by us are not used for any illegal purposes or in any way for reproduction, representation, provision or communication to the public work or object protected by copyright or related right such as texts, images photographs (and so on) without the authorization of the copyright holder when this authorization is required. You agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of our wifi provider.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing on the booking confirmation, You are entitled to check in at any time from 3:00 p.m on the agreed arrival date. The Customer does not have the right to earlier availability.
- On the agreed date of departure, You shall kindly vacate your room(s) and make them available to the hotel no later than 12:00 noon unless otherwise agreed in writing. After that time, on the grounds of the delayed vacating of the room for use exceeding the contractual time, the hotel may charge 50 percent of the full accommodation rate for the additional use of the room until 6:00 p.m. (after 6:00 p.m.: 100 percent). The Customer is at liberty to show the hotel that it incurred no or much lesser claim to use damages. The hotel shall act to remedy upon knowledge thereof or upon objection without undue delay by the Customer. The Customer shall be obliged to undertake actions reasonable for him to eliminate the disruption and to keep any possible damage at a minimum.
- The hotel is liable to the Customer for property and cash brought in to the hotel in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations or with the hotel’s internal regulations. Cash, securities and valuables up to a maximum value determined by the applicable laws and regulations or by the hotel’s internal regulation may be stored in the hotel safe. The hotel recommends that guests utilize this possibility. The Customer shall notify the hotel immediately after gaining knowledge of the loss, destruction, or damage.
- Insofar as a parking space is provided to the Customer in the hotel garage or a hotel parking lot, this does not constitute a safekeeping agreement, even if a fee is exchanged. The hotel assumes no liability for loss of or damage to motor vehicles parked or maneuvered on the hotel's property, nor the contents thereof, excepting cases of intent or gross negligence.
- Wakeup calls are carried out by the hotel with the greatest possible diligence. Messages, mail and merchandise deliveries for guests are handled with care. The hotel assumes no liability in this regards but will make its best effort to deliver, hold, and for a fee forward such items (on request).
IV. Privacy Protection
The Personal Data protection policy can be consulted at https://www.kempinski.com/en/hotels/privacy-policy
V. Agreement on evidence
Entry of the necessary bank details and acceptance of these terms and conditions and the reservation form constitute the contractual obligation between the hotel and the Customer.
VI. Force majeure
We will accept no liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of our obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water or other utility service.
VII. Settlement of disputes and applicable law
In the event of a dispute relating to these terms and conditions, You should first contact our Customer services or the hotel of your stay to attempt to resolve the dispute amicably.
These terms and conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them are governed by the laws of the country where the hotel is located.
The courts of the country where the hotel is located have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising in connection with these terms and conditions, including disputes relating to any non-contractual obligations.
VIII. Web Site Information
While all reasonable efforts have been taken to ensure the accuracy of information on our websites we do not accept responsibility for errors or omissions and reserve the right to amend or cancel the arrangements features on our websites without notice. Please note that in certain circumstances, generic photographic images have been used to represent the general style of a particular hotel.
The content of the websites is our copyright and may not be copied, reproduced, published distributed or amended for any other purpose without our prior written consent.
Trademarks used on the websites are the property of the respective owners. Hyperlinks to third party websites are provided for your convenience. We shall not be held responsible for the content or use of third party sites.
We may modify these terms and conditions at any time.