Our iconic five-star hotel is in the heart of Singapore’s civic and cultural district, a central location once known as European Town by Singapore’s early settlers. Those cultural influences are still very much evident today in the detailed colonial Victorian and Venetian architecture of Capitol Singapore and its surrounding buildings, providing a fascinating contrast to the buzz of modern city life going on around it.
The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore is easily accessible by car, taxi and Singapore’s tube network known as the MRT. City Hall MRT station is linked to the hotel by a convenient underpass, accessed from Arcade @ The Capitol Kempinski, which also takes you to Capitol Singapore’s mall and Raffles City mall nearby. Iconic landmarks like the Parliament building, Victoria Theatre – home of the Singapore Symphony Orchestra, neo-Gothic cathedrals, MICE facilities including the Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre and the Sands Expo & Convention Centre, as well as notable museums like Singapore Art Museum and National Gallery Singapore, are all within a short walking distance.
The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore
15 Stamford Road
Arrival from Singapore Changi Airport
Distance: 19km (11.8miles)
Travel time: 20 minutes
Travelling to the airport, local attractions or your next business meeting? Call our Concierge team to arrange transportation for you so you can sit back, relax and travel in style and privacy to your destination. Make an advance reservation through [email protected]
Travelling from the airport:
• Take Airport Boulevard to East Coast Parkway (ECP) expressway.
• Continue on East Coast Parkway (ECP) expressway in the direction of the city for approximately 15 kilometres and take exit 15 onto Rochor Road.
• Follow Rochor Road for approximately 600 metres and turn left onto North Bridge Road.
• Drive for another 850 metres before turning right onto Stamford Road.
• Turn left at the first crossroads into Hill Street and then turn left again into the hotel driveway to drop off at the hotel entrance.
• Parking is available within the integrated development of Capitol Singapore's mall via Coleman Lane and is complimentary for guests staying with us.
All taxis are air-conditioned and the fares are metreed. Payment can be made in cash or by any major credit card. Fares vary during non-peak and peak hours due to toll fares added automatically to the metre at gantry points on selected roads at selected times. The 18 km ride from the airport usually takes 20-30 minutes and costs around SGD 25-30.
DISTANCE TO LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
Fort Canning Park 450 m (6 min.)
Clarke Quay 800 m (10 min.)
Marina Bay/Merlion Park 900 m (12 min.)
Chinatown 1.8 km (22 min.)
Orchard Road 1.8 km (22 min.)
Singapore Flyer 1.8 km (22 min.)
Gardens by the Bay 1.9 km (25 min.)
Universal Studios Singapore/Sentosa Island 6.4 km (15 min. by car)
Singapore Zoo/Night Safari 20 km (25 min. by car)