Dive in and explore the colourful and marvellous underwater world of the Seychelles – one of the world’s best diving locations.
The Seychelles has some of the greatest diving and snorkelling in the world, with a whole rainbow of vivid colours waiting to be discovered beneath the surface of the water. Coral reefs, submerged granite formations, long-sunk shipwrecks and schools of brightly hued fish are just a few of the things you’re likely to encounter beneath the waves. Sightings of impressive marine megafauna are not uncommon either: various species of sharks, turtles and rays inhabit the Seychelles’ warm waters, while whale sharks and manta rays make seasonal appearances during their annual migration. Diving in the south of Mahé is particularly enjoyable, as the dive sites – as yet undiscovered by mass tourism – are generally quieter with a greater diversity of marine life.
October to May is the best time for scuba diving in the Seychelles. During these months, visibility can reach up to 30 m (98.4 ft), and with water temperatures reaching 29°C (84.2°F), it makes for a very pleasant and relaxed diving experience. Whale sharks and manta rays pass by these islands in October during their annual migration, but sightings are becoming increasingly rare and, as with all marine life, can never be guaranteed.
The Seychelles is suitable for scuba diving all year around, but for the seasoned diver, we advise avoiding diving in July, August and September, when visibility deteriorates due to the south-east trade winds.
You need not be an experienced SCUBA diver to enjoy these remarkable sightings. In co-operation with Dive Resort Seychelles, our on-site PADI 5* diving centre, we offer our guests various options to choose from:
For the Beginners – Learn to Dive
- Discover Scuba Diving – A trial diving experience. No previous diving experience is necessary. You will be thoroughly briefed by a knowledgeable instructor before going on your very first open-water dive.
- PADI Open Water Certification – If you would like to progress with recreational diving, it is advisable to get your PADI Open Water accreditation. In addition to course work and a written test, you will complete one training dive in the pool and four open-water dives. Allow a minimum of four days to complete this course.
For Seasoned Divers
- Refresher Dive – If you have not been scuba diving in the last six months, a refresher course is advised to ensure your safety and confidence in open water.
- PADI Advanced Open Water – Advance your underwater skills and abilities with this enjoyable certification. In addition to course work, you will need to complete five adventure dives, including a Deep Dive and Underwater Navigation Dive. This is a great way to experience a range of diving in the Seychelles. Allow a minimum of three days to complete this course.
- PADI Rescue Diver – In this challenging course, you will not only improve your skills as a diver, but learn how to manage problems underwater and assist other divers in case emergencies or problems arise while diving. This course includes practical troubleshooting and CPR and First Aid training.
Dive Resort Seychelles operates seven days a week from their dive centre in Anse la Mouche (7 km from the hotel) or directly from Kempinski Seychelles Resort (depending on the tides and predominant seasonal winds). They usually conduct two dives a day:
- Single Tank Dive – EUR 75* Explore one of the south’s magnificent dive sites, departing at 9:00 or 11:00.
- Twin Tank Dive – EUR 125* Explore two different dive sites, departing at 9:00 and returning at around 13:00.
- Snorkelling – EUR 37* if you prefer to snorkel, Dive Resort Seychelles can take you to some of the most beautiful snorkelling sites outside of the bay. Many of these sites can only be reached by boat and are suitable for confident swimmers/snorkellers.
Prices include full equipment rental and transfers to Anse la Mouche Dive Centre, if necessary. Please be informed that due to health and safety reasons, divers are advised not to fly in any aircraft for at least 24 hours after their dive.
*Prices are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change and fluctuating exchange rates
If you would like to book your diving experience please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +248 438 6666.