Our Art Concierge is happy to offer signature Art Programmes by Kempinski Hotel Moika 22, specially created for our guests to enjoy the magnificent, diverse and fascinating world of art in St. Petersburg.
Our unique Art Programmes give our guests an opportunity to learn about Russian literature, painting and architecture, about old masters and modern artists, about different art styles and heroes of Russian culture and to discover St. Petersburg by Nabokov or Pushkin and the treasures hidden in the vaults of the Hermitage Museum, and much more.
CONTEMPORARY ART IN ST. PETERSBURG
There is a saying at the Prado Museum in Madrid: "Please respect what you do not understand. This can be a work of art." Contemporary art provokes and often remains beyond comprehension, but it always arouses our curiosity and desire to understand it. The idea that contemporary art is happening right now, before our eyes, can give us a feeling of personal involvement in the arts, while the possibility of meeting with artists, artistic bohemians, attracts and brings excitement. And more than that, as it's well known, investments in contemporary art can result in great financial success.
We offer you the opportunity to discover and understand, to learn and to love the contemporary art in St. Petersburg, the cultural capital of Russia.
CONTEMPORARY ART IN ST. PETERSBURG Programme includes:
- Private tour of Erarta Museum of Modern Art;
- Visit to a modern art gallery with a guided tour and conversation over tea on the ways of perception of contemporary art;
- Visit to the workshop of a St. Petersburg artist.
The programme is four hours long and is held in Russian and foreign languages.
Price: per person – 30,600 roubles; for two persons – 33,600 roubles.
STROLL THROUGH ST. PETERSBURG'S HISTORIC CENTRE
The most vivid impressions and most intimate acquaintance with the city occur when we go through it on foot, perceiving its life, beauty and uniqueness at first hand. And very often we would like to hear the answers to the questions that arise: "What is this building?", "What did it use to be and who lived here?" and "What is it now?".
We will be happy to work with you around the main landmarks of St. Petersburg on foot and show you our beloved city, to share with you its glorious history, its mysteries and incomparable beauty.
The stroll starts from Kempinski Hotel Moika 22, which is located in an aristocratic mansion on Moika River embankment opposite the Hermitage Museum and Palace Square. An upscale guide from the hotel will be your point man in St. Petersburg and will take you to NevskyProspekt, Palace Square, Palace Embankment, Arts Square, Kazan Cathedral, Church of the Savior on Blood and St. Isaac's Cathedral, and will tell you interesting facts about the buildings' history and answer your questions.
The programme is two hours long and is held in Russian and foreign languages.
Price: for one or two people – 7,500 roubles.
HIDDEN TREASURES OF THE HERMITAGE
The outstanding collection of the great Hermitage Museum is one of the biggest in the world and has around 2 million works of art. To expose all of them to the public in five historic buildings on the Palace Embankment and in the General Staff Building, which make up the Hermitage Museum, would be simply impossible.
Unique masterpieces are preserved in the "Old Village" Restoration and Storage Centre of the State Hermitage. It houses collections of Western European art, Russian culture, Oriental culture and Eastern European and Siberian archaeology, as well as the Laboratory for Scientific Restoration of Easel Painting. Here, you will be able to see the Hall of Coaches, Theatre of Trellis, and Tent of the Turkish Sultan, which was presented to Ekaterina the Great in 1793, and many other hidden treasures.
HIDDEN TREASURES OF THE HERMITAGE Programme include:
- A trip in a comfortable car, accompanied by upscale guide from the hotel, to the Hermitage storerooms in the Old Village district of the city;
- Tour of the "Old Village" Restoration and Storage Centre of the State Hermitage;
- Sightseeing tour of Kempinski Hotel Moika 22, which is housed in an aristocratic mansion built in 1853 on the Moika River embankment with open views of the Hermitage Museum and Palace Square, the General Staff Building and the Admiralty, the Peter and Paul Fortress and the Alexander Column, St. Isaac's Cathedral and Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, State Chapel, Winter Canal and Summer Garden;
- Elegant afternoon tea in the Tea Room on Floor 1 of Kempinski Hotel Moika 22 with views of the River Moika embankment, the Hermitage Museum and the General Staff Building.
The programme is 3,5 hours long and is held in Russian and foreign languages.
Price: per person – 19,500 roubles; for two persons – 20,500 roubles.
For enquiries, please contact our Concierge team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +7 812 3359120.