Ajman is the smallest of the seven Emirates in the United Arab Emirates, with an area of 260 sq km, and its capital Ajman. It borders Sharjah, which is only 10 km away from Dubai. Ajman is near the ports of neighbouring Emirates and the international airports of Sharjah and Dubai. The population of Ajman is 267,000, located mainly in the capital, Ajman. The population has grown considerably in recent years, owing to an influx of people from the neighbouring emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and other countries. Ajman is ruled by Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi. The Crown prince of the Emirate is Sheikh Ammar bin Humaid Al Nuaimi. His directions have led to massive development and a construction boom in Ajman in recent years.
Arrival by Taxi
Taxis in the UAE are safe to take and are by law charging by meter with a distance fee of AED 1.6 for every 1km in Ajman. Starting prices vary depending on the time and location of hire. Tips are generally not expected but appreciated, especially if the driver assists with luggage. As one of the best-established local landmarks, Kempinski Hotel Ajman is well-known among local taxi drivers.
Estimated tariffs and duration:
- Dubai International Airport: From Ajman to the airport: AED 100 । From the airport to Ajman: AED 130; 35 minutes*
- Dubai Mall: From Ajman to Dubai: AED 130 । From Dubai to Ajman: AED 160; 45 minutes*
- Sharjah City Centre: AED 60, 25 Minutes*
- Sharjah International Airport: AED 80, 30 minutes*
- Ajman City Centre Mall: AED 30, 15 minutes*
* The duration is based on normal traffic conditions and may vary according to actual traffic conditions, especially during peak hours.
- 25 km from Dubai International Airport
- 20 km from Sharjah International Airport
- 45 km from Dubai Mall
- 20 km from Sharjah City Centre Mall
- 10 km from Ajman City Centre Mall
By Car From Dubai International Airport
- Exit from Terminal 1 via Airport Rd (D89).
- Continue 1,5 km straight and then take slight right, to continue on the Airport Rd.
- Take slight left, to continue on E11 (Zheikh Zayed Rd).
- After 2 km exit onto Al Tawuun St.
- Continue straight on Al Tawuun St. and after the second roundabout take left to the Al Kahn Corniche St.
- Continue straight and on the first roundabout take right to Al Arouba St.
- After the Flag Island bridge continue 1,5km straight and then take left to the Al Corniche St.Continue straight until the end of the Ajman corniche.
Latitude 25.423032 | Longitude 55.442333