1. The contract shall come into force upon the hotel's acceptance of the customer's application. At its discretion, the hotel may confirm the room reservation in writing.
2. The parties to the contract are the hotel and the customer. If a third party placed the order on behalf of the customer, then that party shall be liable vis-à-vis the hotel for all obligations arising from the hotel accommodation contract as joint and several debtor together with the customer, insofar as the hotel has a corresponding statement by the third party.
3. Any claims against the hotel shall generally be time-barred one year after the commencement of the general statute of limitations dependent upon knowledge of § 199, I German Civil Code. Damage claims shall be time-barred after five years, independent of knowledge. The reduction of the statute of limitation periods shall not apply for claims, which are based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of obligation by the hotel.
1. Cancellation by the customer of the contract concluded with the hotel requires the hotel's written consent. If such is not given, then the price agreed in the contract must be paid even if the customer does not avail himself of the contractual services. This shall not apply with the breach of obligation of the hotel to take into account the rights, objects of legal protection and interests of the customer, if holding to the contract is no longer reasonable or another statutory or contractual cancellation right exists.
2. To the extent the hotel and customer agreed in writing upon a date for a cost-free cancellation of the contract, the customer may cancel the contract up to that date without incurring payment or damage compensation claims by the hotel. The customer's right of cancellation shall expire if he does not exercise his cancellation right in writing vis-à-vis the hotel by the agreed date, insofar as no case pursuant to Item IV. No. 1, sentence 3 supra exists.
3. If rooms are not used by the customer, the hotel must apply credit for the income from renting the rooms to other parties and also for saved expenses.
4. At its discretion, the hotel may demand the contractually agreed compensation and to make a flat-rate deduction for saved expenses. In this case, the customer is obligated to pay 90 percent of the contractually agreed rate for lodging with or without breakfast, 70 percent for room and half-board, and 60 percent for room and full-board arrangements. The customer is at liberty to show that the claim mentioned above was not created or not created in the amount demanded. Justifiable cause, e.g. if force majeure or other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible make it impossible to fulfill the contract; the hotel has justified cause to believe that use of the hotel's sphere of control or organization;
5. Guests departing before their booked check-out date will be charged for the remaining nights of the original reservation confirmation.
1. The customer does not acquire the right to be provided specific rooms.
2. Reserved rooms are available to the customer starting at 3:00 p.m. on the agreed arrival date. The customer does not have the right to earlier availability.
3. Rooms must be vacated and made available to the hotel no later than 12:00 noon on the agreed departure date. After that time, on the grounds of the delayed vacating of the room for use exceeding the contractual time, the hotel may charge 50 percent of the full accommodation rate (list price) for the additional use of the room until 6:00 p.m. (after 6:00 p.m.: 100 percent). The customer is at liberty to show the hotel that it incurred no or much lesser claim to use damages. The hotel shall act to remedy such upon knowledge thereof or upon objection without undue delay by the customer. The customer shall be obliged to undertake actions reasonable for him to eliminate the disruption and to keep any possible damage at a minimum.
4. The hotel is liable to the customer for property brought in to the hotel in accordance with the statutory provisions, i.e., up to one hundred times the room rate, not to exceed EUR 3,500.- and up to EUR 800.-. for cash, securities and valuables. Cash, securities and valuables up to a maximum value of EUR (insert insured amount of hotel) may be stored in the hotel safe or room safe. The hotel recommends that guests utilize this possibility. Liability claims expire unless the customer notifies the hotel immediately after gaining knowledge of the loss, destruction, or damage (§ 703 German Civil Code). With regard to more extensive liability of the hotel, Nr. 1, sentences 2 to 4 supra shall apply respectively.
* For Kempinski Hotel Bahía: The hotel is liable to the customer for property brought in to the hotel in accordance with the statutory provisions up to a maximum of EUR 3,000. for cash, securities and valuables deposit into the room safe. Cash, securities and valuables up to a maximum value of EUR 3,000 may be stored in the hotel safe at reception. The hotel recommends that guests utilize this possibility. Liability claims expire unless the customer notifies the hotel immediately after gaining knowledge of the loss, destruction, or damage (§ 1783 Spanish Civil Code)
5. Insofar as a parking space is provided to the customer in the hotel garage or a hotel parking lot, this does not constitute a safekeeping agreement, even if a fee is exchanged. The hotel assumes no liability for loss of or damage to motor vehicles parked or maneuvered on the hotel's property, nor the contents thereof, excepting cases of intent or gross negligence. Nr. 1, sentences 2 to 4 supra shall apply respectively.
6. Wake-up calls are carried out by the hotel with the greatest possible diligence. Messages, mail and merchandise deliveries for guests are handled with care. The hotel will deliver, hold, and for a fee forward such items (on request). Nr. 1, sentences 2 to 4 supra shall apply respectively.
1. Rates published online are not valid for Group Bookings.
2. A "Group Booking" is defined as a booking for 10 rooms/suites or more with the same or similar arrival and departure dates.
3. In case of any reservation that has been identified as a Group Booking via kempinski.com, the hotel reserves the right to contact the client in connection with special conditions and rates relating to Group Bookings.
4. In case of any reservation that has been identified as a Group Booking via kempinski.com, the hotel reserves the right to refuse and cancel any such reservations if the client has not accepted the hotel's applicable special booking conditions and rates. Exceptions to this are Group Bookings which are reserved via an authorised and dedicated booking link.
Please note that specific regulations and requirements may apply for travelling to Cuba. Please refer to official institutions with regards to visas, health insurances, and travel permits. Please refer to your financial institution with regards to payment methods, and note that payments in foreign currency at the hotel may incur a foreign exchange commission of approximately 10 - 15%.