Location: Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains is located in St. Moritz Bad, right at the Mauritius Spring, the actual root of St. Moritz itself. It is the only five-star hotel in St. Moritz immediately located opposite of the cable car station to the ski region Corviglia. It offers its guests the unique opportunity to put on their skies right outside the hotel. The legendary Hahnensee ski run ends immediately in front of the hotel and the cross-country ski runs of the Engadin Skimarathon pass it too. The sports centre and local swimming lakes are within easy walking distance.
Director: Reto Stöckenius
Opening: 15 December, 2002
- 23 Classic Single Rooms (20-24 sq m (215.3-258.3 sq ft))
- 35 Resort Rooms (25-29 sq m (269.1-312.2 sq ft))
- 12 Superior Rooms (30-32sq m (322.9-344.4 sq ft))
- 29 Deluxe Rooms (33-35 sq m (355.2-376.7 sq ft))
- 40 Grand Deluxe Rooms (36-39 sq m (387.5-419.8 sq ft))
- 20 Classic Junior Suites (40-48 sq m (430.6-516.7 sq ft))
- 9 Deluxe Junior Suites (48-58 sq m (516.7-624.3 sq ft))
- 11 Spa Suites (separate living room and bedroom, 70 sq m (753.5 sq ft))
- 2 Spa Corner Suites (two bedrooms, living area, 90 sq m (968.8 sq ft))
- 2 Tower Suites (two bedrooms, living room, 120 square meter (1,291.7 sq ft))
- 1 Presidential Suite (three bedrooms, two bathrooms, separate living room, 320 sq m (3,444.5 sq ft))
- Phone with voice mail / fax on request
- Free high-speed internet access (WLAN)
- "State-of-the-art" TV Entertainment / DVD player on request
- Bathroom with heated floor
- Axel Rüdlin (Executive Chef)
- Matthias Schmidberger (Chef Cà d’Oro)
- Les Saisons restaurant offers the best steaks from around the world, as well as a high-class international menu. This restaurant features special opening hours for children. Every morning an extensive breakfast buffet is served that has been named as the "Best breakfast in Switzerland" and awarded with 14 Gault Millau points.
- The Enoteca surprises with Alpine trilogies and creative modern dishes (15 Gault Millau points).
- The Asian restaurant Sra Bua offers a signature menu - composed of traditional Thai dishes created in a new, contemporary context. A varied selection of the highest quality sushi and sashimi will be served (14 Gault Millau points).
- The fine-dining restaurant Cà d'Oro has received one Michelin star and 17 Gault Millau points and serves traditional Mediterranean cuisine with modern variations.
Sra Bua and Cà d’Oro are only open in wintertime.
- The Kempinski Lobby Bar is always the perfect place: for a late breakfast, modern high tea and chocolate specialities in the afternoon, or cool DJ sounds and soulful live music in the evening. The best selection of rarities, perfect classics and modern cocktail creations are part of the extensive offer.
- Next to Enoteca is the Library, which invites you with a selection of the finest brandies and cigars.
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour breakfast at the bar
- Concierge service
- Sport and golf concierge
- Kempinski Kids Club
- Wireless LAN, free of charge
- Shuttle service within St. Moritz, free of charge
- Ski shuttle, free of charge
- Limousine service
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Boutique / gifts
- Library with free Internet access
- Parking area / garage
- Free shoe shining (overnight) service
Kempinski The Spa
With about 2,800 sq m (30,139 sq ft), Kempinski The Spa is an Alpine wellness area offering an indoor swimming pool, a sauna world and the following amenities:
- Aroma grotto
- Steam-bath with 60% humidity
- Hot-stone sauna
- Kneipp area
- Alpine & Kneipp garden in summer
- Lounges for ladies and gents
- Separate "Ladies Spa"
- Five massage and three cosmetic cabins
- Two suites for Alpine treatments
- Open daily 24 hours for hotel guests
- State-of-the-art cardiovascular systems
- Panorama workout area
- Open-air workout terrace
- Keiser air-powered instruments
- Cardio instruments by TechnoGym
- Personal training
- Fitness and aerobic classes
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts
- Immediate access to Signalbahn cable car Corviglia/ski slope, cross-country ski runs and ski touring centre
- Nordic walking
- New scheduled events every day with outdoor and indoor activities
- Kempinski Alpine Sports: hotel-owned ski and snowboard school with more than 30 skiing instructors and ski & mountain bike rental throughout the hotel.
- Casino in the west wing of the hotel, opened daily from 8:00pm to 4:00am.
The hotel provides five modern light-filled conference rooms for a total of 300 persons. The facilities are suited for any kind of event, be it private celebrations, meetings or conferences.
St. Moritz is located on a high plateau amidst the Oberengadine lakes at 1,865 meter (6,118.8 ft) above sea level. It is located on the south side of the Alps in the triangle formed by the metropolitan cities of Munich, Milan and Zurich.
In St. Moritz, these three national languages are spoken: Rhaeto-Romanic, German and Italian. The currency is the Swiss Franc (CHF).
How to get there: From the south of Germany, St. Moritz is most easily by car (about 3.5 hours drive from the centre of Munich). For the rest of Germany, use one of the many SWISS or Lufthansa connections to Zurich. By car, the trip from Zurich to St. Moritz takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes, by Swiss train (SBB) and Rhaetian Railway (RHB), it takes about 3 hours and 45 minutes. This is one of the most picturesque and interesting railway lines in all of Europe, featuring helical tunnels and breathtaking viaducts. Additionally, Swiss Global Aviation (SGA) offers flights from Zurich to St. Moritz/Samedan twice a day.
all common credit cards
For bookings please contact our reservation team by phone +41 81 838 30 65 or book your stay online.Back