Location: The Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains is located in St. Moritz Bad, right at the Mauritius spring, the actual root of St. Moritz itself. It is the only 5 star hotel in St. Moritz immediately opposite of the cable car station to the ski region Corviglia. It offers its guests the unique opportunity to put on their skies right outside the hotel. The legendary Hahnensee ski-run ends immediately in front of the hotel and the cross-country ski runs of the Engadine ski marathon pass it too. The sports center and local swimming lakes are within easy walking distance.
Director: Rupert Thomas Simoner
Opening: December 15, 2002
Rooms: 184 rooms and suites
- 23 Classic single rooms (25 square meter)
- 46 Resort rooms (from 30 square meter)
- 67 Grand Deluxe rooms (from 35 square meter)
- 27 Classic Junior suites (40-50 square meter)
- 5 Deluxe Junior suites (from 60 square meter)
- 11 Spa suites (separate living room and bedroom, from 80 square meter)
- 2 Spa Corner suites (two bedrooms, living area, 80 square meter)
- 2 Tower suites (two bedrooms, living room, 120 square meter)
- 1 Presidential suite (three bedrooms, two bathrooms, separate living room, 320 square meter)
- Phone with voice mail / fax on request
- Free high-speed internet access (WLAN)
- "State of the Art" TV Entertainment / DVD player on request
- Bathroom with heated floor
- until Summer 2013: Mattias Roock (Executive Chef)
- from Summer 2013: Axel Rüdlin (Executive Chef)
- Matthias Schmidberger (Chef Cà d’Oro)
- The restaurant Les Saisons attracts with international and seasonal dishes. This restaurant features special opening hours for children. Every morning an extensive breakfast buffet is served that has been as "best breakfast in Switzerland". Award-winning with 14 points Gault Millau.
- The Enoteca surprises with Alpine trilogies and creative modern dishes. 15 points Gault Millau.
- The new Asian Sra Bua offers a signature menu, composed of traditional Thai dishes created in a new, contemporary context. A varied selection of the highest quality sushi and sashimi will be served. Award-winning with 14 points Gault Millau.
- The fine dining restaurant Cà d'Oro has received 1 star Michelin and 16 Gault Millau points, serves traditional Mediterranean cuisine with modern variations.
Sra Bua and Cà d’Oro are only open in winter
- The Kempinski Bar & Lobby is always the perfect place: for a late breakfast, in the afternoon with the modern High Tea and chocolate specialities, in the evening with cool DJ sounds or soulful live music. The best selection of rarities, perfect classics and modern cocktail creations are part of the extensive offer.
- Next to Enoteca is the Library that invites you with a selection of the finest brandies and cigars to pause for a while.
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour breakfast service
- Concierge service
- Sport and golf Concierge
- Kempinski-Kids Club
- Wireless LAN, free of charge
- Shuttle service within St. Moritz, free of charge
- Ski shuttle, free of charge
- Limousine service
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Boutique / gifts
- Library with free internet access
- Parking area / garage
- Free shoe shining (overnight) service
Kempinski The Spa: Kempinski The Spa with Alpine wellness area, indoor swimming pool and sauna area of about 2,800 square meters.
- Aroma grotto
- Steam-bath with 60% humidity
- Hot-stone sauna
- Kneipp area
- Alpine & Kneipp garden in Summer
- Lounges for ladies and gents
- Separate ladies Spa
- Five massage and three cosmetic cabins
- Two suites for alpine treatments
- Open daily 24 hours for hotel guests
- State-of-the-art cardiovascular systems
- Panorama workout area
- Open-air workout terrace
- Keiser air-powered instruments
- Cardio instruments by TechnoGym
- Personal training
- Fitness and Aerobic classes
- Tennis indoor and outdoor right at the hotel
- Immediate access to Signalbahn cable car Corviglia/ski slope, cross-country ski runs and ski touring center
- Nordic Walking
- New scheduled events every day with outdoor and indoor activities
- Kempinski Alpine Sports: hotel-owned ski and snowboard school with more than 30 skiing instructors, ski and mountain bike rental through the hotel.
- Casino in the west wing of the hotel, opened daily from 8PM to 4AM.
The hotel provides five modern daylight conference rooms for a total of 300 persons. The facilities are suited for any kind of event, be it private celebrations, meetings or conferences.
St. Moritz is located on a high plateau amidst the Oberengadine lakes at 1,865 meters above sea level. It is located on the south side of the Alps in the triangle formed by the metropolitan cities Munich, Milan and Zurich.
In St. Moritz these three national languages are spoken: Rhaeto-Romanic, German and Italian. The currency is the Swiss Franc (CHF).
How to get there: From the South of Germany, St. Moritz is best reached by car (about 3.5 hours drive from the center of Munich). For the rest of Germany, use one of the many SWISS or Lufthansa connections to Zurich. By car, the trip from Zurich to St. Moritz takes about 2 hours 30 minutes, by Swiss train (SBB) and Rhätische Bahn (railway company) 3 hours 45 minutes. This is one of the most picturesque and interesting railway lines in all of Europe, featuring helical tunnels and breathtaking viaducts. Additionally, Swiss Global Aviation (SGA) offers flights from Zurich to St. Moritz/Samedan twice a day.
Credit cards: all common credit cards
Reservations: For bookings please contact Kempinski Hotels at the toll-free number 00800-426 313 55 or visit the hotel's home page at www.kempinski.com/stmoritz. You can also book directly at the hotel by calling 0041-81-838 3065.Back