All you need is a little massage...
With summer holidays at an end and the school season back in full swing, not to mention the traffic to match, a week in the city of Dubai can be quite draining. Making sure to take care of yourself can often be put on the back burner, especially when most of us have a never-ending list of things to do. However, finding time to relax and unwind should be an important factor to consider when planning your week, whether it’s an hour at the gym, a stroll in the park (when the weather permits) watching a movie or receiving a massage treatment – carving out space for “me-time” can prove beneficial in the long run.
A favorite for many is unwinding with a massage. Relaxing and letting yourself doze off is definitely enough reason to make an appointment for most, but if you’re not totally sold then maybe learning about the health benefits associated, will turn you into a believer!
Check out these health benefits related to massage below:
- Soothes anxiety and depression: According to a study published in the International Journal of Neuroscience, woman diagnosed with breast cancer that received massage therapy three times a week reported reduced levels of depression and anger.
- Eases body pain: A study done in 2011 reported that receiving massages had helped people in pain feel and function better compared to those who didn’t receive any treatment.
- Improves sleep: Fluctuations in the various types of brain waves can either relax or wake you up. Massage increases the delta waves that are linked to deep sleep. No wonder it’s so easy to doze off on the massage table.
- Boosts immunity: Several studies have linked massage to the immune system functioning better. Researchers have found that massage can boost a person’s white blood cell count (the disease-fighting cells in the body.)
- Relieves headaches: Massage decreases the frequency and severity of tension headaches. A single session can have an immediate effect on the perceived pain a person with chronic tension headaches feels.
- Boosts alertness: A single 15 minute massage can increase mental alertness. A study conducted in 1996 found that individuals that were given a 15 minute chair massage were more alert and completed a series of math questions quicker and more accurately.
Massage is definitely better for you than you think and it’s a great way to de-stress and focus on not only relaxing but improving your health in ways you probably hadn’t thought off.
If you can carve time out of your busy schedule, then look into booking a massage that suits your needs. Dubai has a variety of options, but if you’re having a hard time deciding or even if you’re just a newcomer and don’t know where to start, then why not try our world-renowned spa "Cinq Mondes Spa Paris" in Dubai. Our therapists are friendly, attentive and will make you feel right at home!
For more information on Cinq Mondes Spa Paris at Kempinski Hotel & Residences Palm Jumeiarh, please call: +971 4 444 2000
Also check out our monthly Dubai Spa Offers and promotions.